From September 2014, Key Stage one children (reception, years 1 and 2) are entitled to a free school meal. For our key stage two pupils (years 3, 4, 5 and 6) the price is £2.10.
Meals are produced freshly every day in a school kitchen using only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
In addition, our meals;
- have a three-menu cycle, allowing children to become familiar with the food served;
- are changed every term to reflect the seasons; and
- are written in consultation with pupils and cooks.